October 7, 2016
This is a blog post of the #Media4EU Tour d’Europe series. Read the project outline, timetable and deliverables here, and the first updates here.
The #Media4EU Tour d’Europe project will gather perspectives from some of the most experienced actors in the European media sector to investigate how national media can cooperate across borders in Europe.
The ultimate goal is to produce a report that will propose practical solutions to implement economically sustainable cross-border cooperation models. This results-oriented study will be conducted in collaboration with the Institute for European Studies at the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
A steering committee, composed of media experts from both the academic world and the print and broadcasting sector, will be involved at two stages: in reviewing this proposal, and, before presenting the overall results publicly.
Here is the list of the members of the Steering Committee:
- Ramona Coman, Director and Prof., Institute for European Studies, Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
- François Foret, Director & Prof., CEVIPOL (political science), ULB
- François Heinderyckx, social sciences (literature, translation, communication), ULB
- Andrew Jack, Editor, Curated Content, Head of Aggregation, Financial Times
- David Levy, Director, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism – Oxford University
- Angela Mills Wade, Executive Director, European Publishers Council
- Bertrand Pecquerie, CEO, Global Editors Network
- Vincent Peyrègne, CEO, WAN-IFRA (worldwide federation of newspapers)
- Johan Robberecht, Executive Director for Research , Institute of European Studies-ULB
- Wilfried Ruetten, ex-Director of the European journalism Center
- Hugues Rey, CEO, Havas Media Group & Prof. Solvay Brussels School of Economics
- Alexandre Heully – Publisher &Executive Director at Cafébabel
- Slobodan Sibincic, Secretary General, European Business Press Association
Additionally, the Board, Orientation Committee and Advisory Council of Fondation EurActiv will oversee and provide guidance throughout the project, both methodologically and in terms of knowledge of the topics. These include top-level media and European affairs experts.
Here is the list of its members:
- Max Von Abendroth, Executive Director, European Magazine Media Association
- Bart Becks, Founder, angel.me; former CEO of Belgacom Skynet, former Chairman of iMinds (media innovation network)
- Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General, European Movement International
- Connie Hedegaard, former European Commissioner, former journalist
- William Horsley, Vice President, Association of European Journalists, International Director, Centre for Freedom of the Media, University of Sheffield
- Caroline Pauwels, Rector, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Director of SMIT (Studies on Media, Information and Telecommunications) Research Center
- Radovan Geist, political science professor and publisher EurActiv Slovakia
- Jose-Manuel Sanchez Mingote, Editorial Director, EFE Spanish news agency
- David Mekkaoui, media innovation director, EurActiv
- Frédéric Simon, publisher,com PLC
- Julian Oliver, Founding Secretary General Fondation EurActiv
To know more, visit the #Media4EU topic page on EurActiv and stay tuned for the upcoming interviews on EurActiv.com and EuRoman.BlogActiv.com. You can also engage with the project on Twitter using the #Media4EU or tweeting @ and @.